Wednesday, May 10, 2006

HIT ME AGAIN!!

Acts 5:40-42 40And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. 41And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name. 42And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.

What an awesome thought! Today we are often times so busy worrying about what people will think of us for doing the right thing, talking about God, or even praying in public. I still hear people say they are afraid to invite some people to church because it could hurt their relationship or really make people begin to talk about them around school or the office. They were BEATEN and REJOICED! Lord please give me the strength to do things for You that makes people want to beat me and to rejoice that the world beat me because I did that thing for You!
God Bless!!
Pray!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow you are so right! Thank you for this post, I think I needed to be reminded of this. The Lord really set me free yesterday and I began to ask myself some hard questions, like why am I so ashamed of Christ? He is my true love and the source of all my joy, why am so scared to share that with some people?

I really faced my fears yesterday and with the Holy Spirit guiding me I went up to the one person who I am the most afraid to share with and I said to them "you know what? I am not ashamed of Jesus Christ!! He is the source of love, joy, peace and contentment and I'm not ashamed to say that!!"

What freedom I feel, it's really an awesome feeling and experience to look Satan in the eye and say "I am not afraid of you! I'm not going to let you make me afraid and steal my joy!!!"

Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Sunday, July 02, 2006 10:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Thursday, July 20, 2006 2:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counter
Macys Store