Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I’VE GOT IT TOO GOOD TO GO GOD

KJV - Luke 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

I want to talk to you today about things that are separating you from God; but they sure are fun! How many times to we as Christians try to reach someone but to no avail because they don’t want to give up things of the world? They don’t want to give up partying, drugs, sex, or clubbin’. Well I am going to reveal a fact that some people may find hard to swallow. One day you will give it up! The choice to make is do you give it up on the way to heaven or on the way to hell?

Now I know many people probably think that is a little harsh, but is it? I know that there are things in this world that are very appealing and that if you become a Christian you really should not be doing them anymore; but are they important enough to burn for? If someone held a gun to your head and told you to quit getting drunk on Friday nights or they will kill you what would you do? If you really think about it, the things in this world that we are enslaved to are holding a gun to our spiritual head, if you don’t quit the trigger will eventually be pulled and you will spend an eternity in hell. I understand not wanting to give up things that feel good, but how good is good enough for death? When you die you no longer get any of it.

I know a lot of people think this is just right wing junk, but most people hate the truth when it disagrees with their lifestyle anyway. I just want to let you know that although this seems harsh it is true, but when you turn away from the things of this world and dedicate you life to Christ the rewards far exceed the pleasures of this world. I would imagine the rich man from Luke 16 was not thinking of the consequences when he was living the high life, when he realized it was too late. Please do not let time run out on you. I know things are running smoothly and you feel as though you have the world at your feet, but what happens when times get hard? Please don’t wait until tomorrow, get right with Christ today.

God Bless!!

Pray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counter
Macys Store