Tuesday, April 18, 2006

ARE CHRISTIANS HELPING CHRISTIANITY?

Let me start by saying the following is in know way meant as judgmental or as finger pointing. I would just like to express my thoughts and hear some of yours.

There have been several events in my life that have caused me to ask the very question above. I don't care to elaborate on the specifics of those events but, more on my reactions and thoughts of how we might help instead of hinder the kingdom of God. I regret to say that I allowed some of the events of my life to turn me away from God. (I do love honesty even at my expense) I now look back and realize that as a Christian I knew better but, I allowed it to happen anyway. Many people tend to say that their actions cannot be judged or monitored because their convictions are between them and God. They generally follow this with "people should be looking at God not me." While that statement is true the only people that know this are generally already Christians. I grew up in church and the preacher always stressed to keep your eyes on the Lord because man will fail you. While that statement is true it is not something for Christians to lean on as an excuse for their actions.

1. As a general rule people who have never been in church do not know the Bible. They do not realize that while we are Christians we still "come short of the glory of God." (Rom 3:23 KJV) Why don't they realize that? They have not spent every Sunday sitting in church learning these things. The only Bible that some people may read is Frankie 1:1, the way I live my life. Now this is not to say by any means I am perfect or do not come short, God knows how short I really am. I can put my best foot forward in all events and pray for the strength and guidance to be as Christ-like as possible.

2. When a Christian is hurt he/she is going to look to the body of Christ, fellow Christians, for love and support. While that person has been in Church and knows better than to look to man, at that time of hurt he/she feels like the people in his or her church are the only people he can look to for that love. No this is not what that Christian should do, but the plain truth is that is what he does.

I continue to watch situations go on around me and see Christians make excuses for the way the are living or try to point out how hypocritical Christians are. While they may be right, pointing that fault out is not helping anyone. The non-believers already hold this opinion of us, do we really want to support them. Are we ready to stand at the judgment seat of Christ and give the reasons above as to why we have not led more people or any people to Christ?

Close: I believe that know is the time that Christ speaks of in John 4:35-38, "look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest....." As you go through your day look for opportunities to share the gospel, ignore the opportunities to point out flaws, and count your salvation as the greatest gift of all.

God Bless!!

Pray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counter
Macys Store