Monday, May 15, 2006

I KNOW I HAVE ETERNAL LIFE!!!

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. (emphasis added)

God is so good! I was in South Georgia this past weekend due to a death in the family, and God opened up an awesome opportunity. A man knocked on the door of my cousin's house looking for work to make money for a doctor's appointment. I was only in S. GA due to the death in the family, yet God opened a door for me to witness to someone. This man knew the bible very well, and while there are times I doubt how well I can quote scripture I was not only quoting scripture to answer his questions I was also showing it to him in my bible (thank you Holy Ghost). He said he knew his bible and he was good with God, but when asked if he knew he would go to heaven if he died right now he responded "hopefully, well I think so." I shared 1 John 5:13 with him and it was like it finally sunk in. All of the heartache he had faced and the trouble people gave him looking for work came into perspective. He asked me, "If I ask God into my heart and truly mean it I then know I have God and He never leaves me so I am never alone?" To have the opportunity to share and for the person to realize that Christ didn't leave you wondering, He made the stament "that ye may know that ye have eternal life." While a death in the family is hard, I'm sure my wife's grandfather would be happy to know that through his death an opportunity to share Christ with someone presented itself.
God Bless!!
Pray!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the man first came to the door and you went outside, at first I was concerned, but then I began to pray that God would open your mouth and give you the right words, but not only that, but that He would give the man ears to HEAR, not just listen, but hear. Often times we listen, but don't really hear what God is telling us. It was a comfort at the funeral to hear it said that "Papa is with Jesus, cause he made it right!" If there's aught in your heart with someone, if there's unforgiveness, judgement, grudge, whatever, you can't see Jesus. I enjoyed the 'sermon' Bro. Steve preached at Papa's funeral. God bless the man (or woman) that HEARS and not just listens. Kind of like YOU, Frankie! I love you!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counter
Macys Store